Updated January 25th, 2023
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit our websites. When you visit our website again, the cookie allows the website to recognize your browser. Cookies can store user preferences and other information. Cookies provide ease of use by saving you time by informing the website server that you have returned to a specific page. Cookies set by the site owner (in this case, MFG) are called first party cookies. Cookies set by other parties, who are not the owners of the site, are called third-party cookies. Third-party cookies enable the provision of website functionality (eg for advertising, interactive content and analytics). Parties that set third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when you visit a website and when you visit other certain websites.
We use first-party cookies for a number of reasons. Some cookies are necessary for technical reasons in order for the website to function; we mark these cookies as unnecessary or strictly necessary. Other cookies allow us to track and recognize the interests of our users in order to improve their experience on our website. For example, MFG stores information about which sites and pages you have visited within the MFG sites in order to determine which MFG pages are the most popular or most used. This information is used to tailor the content and promotion of MFG websites to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular area. Third-party cookies are activated through our website for advertising, analytics tracking, and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
We place specific types of first- and third-party cookies through our websites and through the purposes they serve. These cookies include:
- Basic website cookies: These cookies are necessary for the provision of our website services.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to improve the performance and functionality of our websites, but their use is not mandatory. However, without these cookies, certain functionalities may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used in statistical form to help us understand how our websites are used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the websites to your needs.
- Advertising cookies: We use these cookies to tailor advertising messages to you so that they are as relevant as possible. They serve to prevent a certain advertisement from appearing constantly, allow ads to be displayed correctly, and in some cases, deliver advertising that is based on your interests.
- Social network cookies: These cookies are used to allow you to share pages or content that you find interesting on our site through third parties, such as social networks and other websites. These cookies can also be used for advertising purposes.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether or not to accept cookies. If you do not accept cookies, you can continue to use the websites, but you will not have access to some functionalities and parts of the site. Since the ways of setting cookies in the browser differ for different browsers, you should find more information in the browser settings. Many advertising networks offer options to opt out of targeted ads.
If you would like to learn more about this, visit www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt out by clicking on the following links: http://preferences-mgr.trustarc.com (or if you are in the European Union: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu).
Please note that by unsubscribing through these services, you will not be unsubscribed from all advertisements. You will continue to see generic ads. Essential website cookies, because some cookies are necessary for websites to function, you cannot opt out of them. You can, of course, block or delete them in your browser settings, as described in the text above.